Sunday, January 3, 2010

The attention deficit, and a never-ending list of resolutions

This is the very first moment I've been able to sit and think since 2010 began. The boys have been bathed and are sleeping; the trash and recycling are ready to go out in the morning. The TV is off, and it's completely quiet, except for the hum of the baby monitor. Frank is at his computer, and I'm at mine.
{stopping to take a few deep breaths}

Our holidays were very happy because we spent them with family. But for the last few days Zach has been going through withdrawals from all the attention from Grandpa and Mary over the last week and a half. Big time. He is crankier and more dramatic than usual. This happened following the visits from his Grandmas earlier this year, but now he is officially two years old, and it is worse. And what I really wanted to do this weekend is have a little time to reflect on my plans and goals for the year. It's been hard to string two complete thoughts together, much less list all the to-dos swimming around in my head. Short-term goals and long-term ones, hopes for our family and hopes for myself. There is a lot I want to accomplish in 2010. Especially since I am relatively sure that most of 2011 will be spent orchestrating another intercontinental move, and all that that entails.

Here's one of the first goals I've come up with: For the last couple of years I've been hearing of people/scrapbookers/photographers/bloggers completing a Project 365. You take a photo each day and put them together in a scrapbook or post them on your blog. I intend to do this...not to post them each day or anything, but hopefully relatively often. And the minds of great friends must think alike, because Jen intends to do this as well (she writes about it in this post).

Well, since all my recent photos are still on my cameras, I'm planning on posting the first few from this year tomorrow. I think there were more things I wanted to write about, but again, it's all a jumble. I think I'll spend my quiet time right now making lots and lots of lists...

1 comment:

JenM said...

Love it! I have to say, I've been wondering when you were going to change the title of this blog ;-)

Here's to you and I BOTH managing to complete Project 365. I'm already two days behind, but I'm going to try to do more of a weekly synopsis I think.