Monday, March 15, 2010

Project 365: Week 11

One day last week I read a blog post that reminded me to enjoy these little ones, and get over the minor annoyances, because I would really miss them if they weren't here. That, along with sunnier days and getting a bit more sleep, made last week seem a little easier that the weeks before. Last time we got groceries I bought fresh veggies and stuff for some recipes that I wanted to try, and I actually followed through with all of them. I think Zach is just about over his cold, and Gabe only woke up once last night during the 11.5 hours he slept.

Monday, March 8
We bought Zach a twin mattress a few weeks ago and it is working out nicely.


Tuesday, March 9
Made penne with broccoli and sausage. Very good, even without any kind of sauce.


Wednesday, March 10
We've made brisket in the crock pot lots of times, but I wanted to try these potato cakes I saw on Rachael Ray. Another good recipe. It was the first time I ever used my lemon zester, I think.


Thursday, March 11
Just documenting me and my hair that never comes out of a bun lately.


Friday, March 12
Gabriel is 5 months old. He's 19 lbs. and 26.5 inches. Today is probably the first time Zach has sat down with the intent to play with Gabe. I immediately grabbed the camera and caught his big smile. Then I had to put the camera down to stop Zach from kicking him...apparently that was the game he wanted to play. It wasn't too forceful, luckily, and of course Gabe thought it was hilarious. The past few days I'd been taking Gabe upstairs with me to put Zach down for his nap and reading to the both of them together on his bed. I took more than a few photos, with a variety of expressions, but I like this one--"I don't know if we can trust him, Mom..."


For dinner: Well-dressed salmon, which on the show was served with the potato cakes. Delicious.


Saturday, March 13
This crazy kid loves brushing his teeth even more than taking a bath.


Sunday, March 14
We've started giving Zach a little more freedom to walk around when we go out...here he is dancing around the (thankfully deserted) foodcourt at the army garrison.

No comments: