Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Zachary's Big Day

Last Thursday was a good day. Not very relaxing, but is Thanksgiving ever relaxing if you are the one(s) cooking? Add on a first birthday celebration, and you've got one tired little family.

The birthday boy is awake!


It's time for cake!


Total destruction of the cake did not happen (sorry to disappoint!), and the little that did occur happened over about 10-15 minutes. I pretty much had to tear the cake up myself before he dug around in it, and then the lazy little guy just wanted me to feed it to him. We have most of it on video for posterity of course, but it wouldn't make for a good blog video...here are the photo highlights:

3 comments:

JenM said...

What a beautifully iced cake :) Sorry he didn't go facefirst into it for good photos. . .maybe next year!

Anonymous said...

You sang Happy Birthday in the key of E major. Beth did an acceptable job, but Frank was almost a FULL half-step out of tune on the LAST note!!! Do you have any idea how dissonant that sounds? Shame on you :)...I'm such a nerd.

Uncle Willie

Anonymous said...

Willie needs more to do!
I loved the waking up video! I can't wait to see him!

MomBarb