Thursday, December 18, 2008

On Tuesdays

A couple months back I joined a group called Brussels Childbirth Trust. It's an English-speaking organization for anyone raising children here, and they run lots of kids activities, including playgroups every day of the week. Zach's age group (called "Bumps and Babies") meets on Tuesday afternoons, and we started going after I realized that the place is just down the street. It only takes us about 10 minutes to walk up there.
This week was the last meeting before the holiday break, so we had a little party. The kids got gifts (a bath toy) and we sang a few songs. Mainly the babies just sit there (ahhh, those were the days!) and the toddlers dig around in the toy buckets or cling to mom. Zachary is almost always more interested in getting ahold of cups of tea, cell phones, and diaper bags than any of the toys. And he is the biggest, but not the oldest, of the kids we've met so far. I try to keep him from taking toys away from others, but it doesn't always work. This is me showing him how the camera works...we took some pics of his shoes and then aimed for a self portrait:

It's pretty cold now, so we really have to bundle up to walk up to the playgroup. And many times we stop at the grocery store afterward because it is only a little farther up the street. Zach almost always falls asleep soon after we leave, and sometimes even sleeps through the grocery store, the trip home, and up to an hour after we get home. Hey, if he's out I don't move him!

Oh, and this also happened on Tuesday, but earlier in the morning. Tried on some new clothes from Grandma-very cute! When I wasn't looking, Zach reached onto my desk (a spot I thought was safe, of course) and pulled down a whole big mug of coffee on himself and the rug. And it wasn't hot, because I get side-tracked and never get a chance to sit and drink it while it is, but it made a heck of a mess. He had to get a bath.

But I washed the onesie and it's all good...he wore the whole outfit the next day:
Perfect fit, see Grandma?

No comments: