The last two weeks saw no school for MLK, two snow days, two delayed start days, two days I volunteered at school for Zach's classes, two birthday parties, and an unexpected two-appointments-in-one-day dentist visit. Whew!
 |
| And in the biggest news of all, our nephew, Jaden, was born very early on the 14th. |
 |
| I used snow days stuck-in-the-house time to finally put away all the Christmas stuff. I'm not thrilled that it continues to grow each year... |
 |
| We played lots of games during the snow days. |
 |
| We've played this one, Carcassonne, about a dozen times, and it's really fun. |
 |
| School visit number 1: all the parents were invited to help the fourth grade science classes with an owl pellet dissection. They had to try to figure out what the owl ate based on the bones they found. |
 |
| I took Gabe to a birthday party at a place with arcade games, bowling, bumper cars, and his favorite, the tea cup ride. It was for his friend Eden, who shares his love of Mario, Minecraft, Pokemon, and drawing comic books. |
 |
| As Gabe and I were heading out for the party, Charlotte wanted me to take this map she drew, just in case I got lost. She wanted to make sure that I could find my way back to her. It was one of the most adorable things she's ever said! |
 |
| A visit to a pediatric dentist for Gabe's cavity turned into having a couple of baby teeth pulled and a very long day for us. But this is their second floor play area! |
 |
| School visit number 2: The Agriculture learning bus came to the school where Zach has gifted class. I helped out with a strawberry DNA extraction. |
 |
| Nothing like a Friday night at the mall. We stopped by the gaming shop for Zach to pick up Yu-Gi-Oh cards for his friend's birthday party the next day. |
No comments:
Post a Comment