Thursday, January 18, 2018

Weeks 1 & 2: Snow days

In the first two weeks of January we've had two vacation days, three snow/cold days, and two delayed start school days. Charlotte went to pre-K/day care during the snow days and the boys were pretty good about entertaining themselves. I enjoy the more relaxed schedule but wish it wasn't quite so cold. Saturday the 6th we woke up to find that a pipe had frozen and we had no water for a day and a half. That day it was below zero wind chill the whole night-day-night if I remember correctly. Anyway, we made do with gallons of water to flush the toilets and used a hair dryer and heater to warm up the pipe (where the water comes into the house) with no apparent damage. I guess the highlights would be hanging out with friends at their house while we had no water, some pretty awesome chocolate chip cookies made by Zach, and everyone's excitement at playing some old Mario and Kirby games on the Super Nintendo Classic.
I said no to this look for the family photo but offered to shoot a separate environmental portrait for Zach.
They insisted on Monkey Family photos after our family photo.








No comments: