Sunday, March 8, 2015

Week 10: Dr. Seuss and snow

Last week was a half in school/half out of school time around here. By Wednesday all of our previous snow had melted and caused so much flooding that the kids got sent home early. Then we woke up Thursday to at least 6 inches and it just kept snowing all day (and ended up close to a foot). School was cancelled Friday too. I think Charlotte really likes having the boys home with her all day though.




At least school was in session on Monday when Zach wore his Cat in the Hat shirt. He made the cat out of fun foam (modeled after a drawing he did) and I stitched him on. He said everyone in his class "super liked it."


We treated ourselves to a warm and delicious dessert that Zach had been asking for: chocolate fondue. Gabe only ate marshmallows, and Charlotte only ate bananas. More cake for the rest of us!

I first had roasted brussel sprouts over a year ago while visiting Abby and Loic, and they were wonderful. I thought I'd try it myself, and they were good but not as great as I remember. Frank ate them, but I think he may have just been really hungry that night :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Angela made Brussels Sprouts for me when I visited her. They were really good. I don't dare make them here however! The Cat in the Hat shirt is awesome! Poor Frank - I always see him in the background of pictures - shoveling snow!