Sunday, February 22, 2015

Weeks 7 and 8: A tale of two climates

The week before Valentine's Day was pretty regular. I was getting ready for my trip to Las Vegas and the boys were making Valentines and boxes (notice R2-D2 drawing a heart on Gabe's). Frank took Zach to see the Spongebob movie. It was cold. That is about all I remember.


They received Ninja Turtle mask Valentines.
Then I flew to Las Vegas. I knew it was going to be warmer, but I forgot how good 75 degrees feels. We walked around in jeans and t-shirts. We stayed at the Mirage and lounged in the pool. Mom, Shaun, Lisa, and I joined Kevin for the weekend to celebrate his 30th birthday. The food was wonderful, the gambling was fun and I think I broke even, the Penn & Teller show was funny, and the Neon Museum was interesting. And then I was flying back home to the cold.




















Due to the snow and the cold temps and wind chill, school was cancelled all week. The kids only left the house once in 8 days. We did pretty well, considering. We introduced Charlotte to watercolors, and to drinking out of a cup, which she totally rocks. And then it snowed again, but at 35 degrees it was like a heat wave and the boys had some fun playing outside.






No comments: