Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Week 50: December, please slow down

We are trying to enjoy the holiday season, still speeding along, with what seems like never enough time and too much day-to-day crabbiness. I'm trying to teach the boys to be kinder to each other and more patient in general, and I know I'm at the start of a long process. The thought of them being home for two weeks straight doesn't scare me at this point, which probably signals how tired I am and don't even realize it :) Okay, gotta get back to ordering gifts and figuring out our Christmas card situation!
We put up the tree, complete with the baby fence. Note to me and Frank: in the future we absolutely have to do all the steps leading up to putting on ornaments while the kids are sleeping. If I had to hear one more question about when it would be time for that...

She was awfully cute helping get out the ornaments.

We had to get to the breakable ones before she did!


The boys hung ornaments, and needed to coordinate that via walkie-talkie, obviously.

We decorated a little outside.

Her hair is getting longer.
And she can reach all sorts of things now.



Frank took the day off for his birthday.

I'm trying to see if I have any usable pics to throw in the Christmas card, but I'm pretty sure it won't be one of these!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's nothing wrong with any of those pictures! I'm partial to the one where Zach is turning Charlotte's head around...

Gramma Barb

Anonymous said...

Love the red dress Charlotte is wearing. Frank, did you eat all that food on the table? Just looks like you're the only one sitting there! Lol!

Jill

JenM said...

Ha ha, cute! I see what you did with the cards, made me laugh. I recognize some of those clothes!