Sunday, December 28, 2014

Week 52: Surviving Christmas weekend

At our house, the boys woke up at 4:45. Somehow Frank and I managed to stay in bed until around 7, and by 8:30 all the presents were opened, and we thought "Now what?" What were we going to do for four whole days? Somehow we managed to get to the end of this holiday weekend, and I think Frank will be happy to run away to work tomorrow.

I think Charlotte has really enjoyed having the boys at home to play with her.

We were surprised that the weather turned warmer, and the boys played outside a couple times.

Cookies for Santa.


For opening gifts I set up the camera for interval shooting. It works out well, as long as you don't mind weeding through all the photos :)





The gift Zach was most excited about: more of The Adventures of Captain Underpants books.

This book is one of the things Gabe has loved this weekend.









Toys they've spent the most time playing with so far: remote control helicopters (in the basement). Good call, Daddy.


Other beloved items. Good call, Mommy.

The boys' room required an intervention, which was not surprising considering the occasion. They really did all the cleaning, but it worked better to only have one boy work on his stuff at a time, and I removed all the toy packaging.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome Christmas! The boys' room looks great!