The month of March has been rough for us in the sleep department.
The infant who drifted peacefully off to sleep is no more. Not at naptime, bedtime, OR in the middle of the night. She is not going down without a fight. Cue the crying and head shaking and rolling to kick the sides of the crib. Frank and I are obviously more tired nowadays compared to when we went through this stage with the boys, but it seems like it is taking forever.
Oh, and the boys... Since Daylight Saving started they have never been awake more than at bedtime. We moved their bedtime from 8 to 7 at the beginning of the school year because they seemed tired, but I think we're going to have to change it back for the summer. I don't mind that they are awake in their room (even if they get out of bed), but they have a tendency to wake Charlotte up just when she is finally conking out.
So we are hanging in there. We are planning for, and looking forward to, traveling to see friends and family, so that's been an area of focus. And just this morning I told Gabe "You know, you get to go to school in less than 5 months!" :)
Zach went to another birthday party for a classmate, at an indoor amusement park type place. The highlights seemed to be laser tag, air hockey and the roller coaster, which he got to ride with the birthday boy.
Gabe is very proud of his new accomplishment:
Making the baby food is going really well, eating it is going so-so. She seems to like pears, but sometimes it is hard to tell if she dislikes something, isn't hungry, or is just having a picky day.
Is anyone else watching Cosmos? Zach is in love with this show, which I knew he would be. I have really enjoyed the snippets I've seen so far...I'm looking forward to watching all the episodes at some point when I can actually hear the TV and not just the boys asking me questions.
Charlotte is seven months old now, only slightly bigger but a whole lot louder.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment