Thursday, October 3, 2013

Highlights and photos

Is it weird to say that the highlight (for me) of having family visit was being able to shower every day?

I know that the highlights for the boys were playing Lisa's computer, playing Flow on Grandma's phone/Emily's tablet, playing pirate treasure hunt with Uncle Kevin, and playing/watching lots and lots of Mario Kart.

Frank might say seeing The World's End, or that he had help doing the dishes.

We did a lot while everyone was here...including sitting around in pajamas for long stretches. Taking care of two babies is exhausting, even with four extra adults. Here's what I remember from the last two weeks: dinner at Muriale's, watching new episodes of our favorite shows, taking many photos, bathing babies, cooking dinners, surprising Zach at the bus stop the day family arrived, mani/pedis for me and Emily, the boys riding bikes at the park, going to Target and the mall, breathing many sighs of relief that Kevin was keeping the boys out of our hair (ok, maybe this was the highlight for me!).

Charlotte had her one-month check-up, and she's now 9 pounds, 4 ounces.

After a couple days of seemingly non-stop baby crying and kid tantrums, we've had a quiet day to let me sit and post these photos...






































4 comments:

Aunt Lisa said...

I had a wonderful time!! Missing all of those sweet smiles.

JenM said...

Love! How fun that you had everyone there, and getting showers are important! I love the pictures of the two new cousins together, it brings back memories!

Anonymous said...

I'm SOOOO jealous! I know it had to be hectic but it sure looked like you guys were having a lot of fun!

Grandma Barb

Gramps said...

Nice that you guys had a break from the kids. Looks like the kids enjoyed having uncle Kevin making tents. LA