Thursday, August 16, 2012

A step forward, a step back

Same old, same old, here.

Picture taking has almost completely ground to a halt, and other projects (wedding gift, etc) which are on a deadline have precedence. It's a nice change, but I had to cringe when I realized that I only took 34 photos during all last month. That's a record for me since about 2005, I think! Oh well. We are looking forward to some upcoming trips, and Zach wants to talk about traveling and birthday parties every single day. Pre-k starts in a few weeks, and I am really looking forward to it being someone else's job to entertain Zach four days a week. :)

Frank and I have nearly finished watching season 2 of Downton Abbey, and it's really as good as everyone says. I am looking forward to the start of fall television, though.

I'm also working on more photo books of our travels, and seeing how little the boys were, and thinking "OMG, how did we ever manage that trip?" We really have done a lot, and accomplished a lot, so I thought it would be fun to see what we were up to a year ago, two years ago, etc. At least to remind me, when lately the days all seem to run together, that we are, most definitely, not standing still.

Mid-August, 2008. We had just moved into our Belgian house.


Mid-August, 2009. Sightseeing in Brussels with Abby.



Mid-August, 2010. We viewed the Grand Place flower carpet with Abby and Loic.
Wow, my Brussels photo book is going to have to be 100 pages long...


Mid-August, 2011. Guy-time in St. Louis, I guess.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They grow up too too fast, don't they? Looking forward to seeing you all in a month.................Jill