Tuesday, March 6, 2012

From my trip

I just completed this scrapbook page about my recent visit with Abby and Loic. Scroll down for easier reading and bigger pictures.

It reads:
a serene, scenic drive, the whole day
time for enjoying coffee, music, and the road
and no demands
I went to a beautiful neighborhood, with wide tree-lined streets
a lovely house, with Abby sitting on the porch in a rocking chair
like she knew I was driving up just then
I knew that the long drive was worth it
we talked about everything: babies, raising kids, houses and moving, couponing, project runway
amazing food all weekend, or maybe I was just relieved not to cook
I slept in the latest that first morning I was there
then we took a trolley downtown
Greenville is a fun, artsy place
we were blessed with amazing weather
the park with the waterfall has so much energy, but is so relaxing at the same time
the three of us sat on a swing and caught up on each other's lives
we saw artist studios, and walked
I bought myself a mug, I love the pink and purple of it and its message
dinner at the Belgian restaurant was almost magical
we didn't have reservations, but sitting at the bar was better
I had a Lindeman's framboise, steak and frites with 3 kinds of mayo
the garlic mayo was something to write home about
it all brought back memories and made me miss "our" restaurant, The Yearling
I also thought about touring Lindeman's with Barb and Ron, about how glad I was that we did such cool things while we lived over there
Abby and I went to a yoga class
a great addition to our relaxing weekend
I hadn't done yoga in years, but it didn't feel that way
a very important reason for the visit, I met Julien
of course he monopolized all moments after coming back from Grandma and Grandpa's house
playing, eating, bathing, and lots and lots of smiling
we are already thinking about the next visit
Greenville, SC
February 2012

and the photos:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Beth, this is great!
The first photo is so beautiful. Where were you when you took it?
And that second is my new favorite of Julien.
I had such a wonderful time seeing you again.

Love,
Abby

JenM said...

That sounds like a perfect trip!

Anonymous said...

Julien is soooo cute! Looks like a wonderful visit!