Tuesday, May 25, 2010

No photos yet

I haven't even moved photos off the camera since early last week, much less pick out any to post...but I wanted to give a little update on what we've been up to.

We spent the weekend in Germany at Ramstein Air Base, shopping, eating, and trying to keep Zach entertained. I've got lots of (hopefully good) photos of our lodging, the huge mall BX/PX, etc. We drove home yesterday, about 3.5/4 hours, and I did very little but nap and watch the finale of LOST (see next paragraph). So today I need to unpack, put away our purchases, and clean/organize a little.

The problem with watching TV before bed is that sometimes I can't fall asleep because I'm still thinking about it. And with a show like LOST, trying to figure it all out. Add to that the emotional nature of the finale, and, while I enjoyed the episode, I don't know that I slept that well. I know, it's only a television show :)

But to mention a real-life emotional issue: I got my hair cut while we were at Ramstein. It came out shorter than I wanted, and I'm not sure I like it. It's barely shoulder length. I think the hairdresser and I both underestimated how much it would shorten when it dries; it fluffs up a lot, and believe me, it isn't a good look. I guess I'll be wearing ultra-short ponytails until Christmas, unless I come up with some other styling options I'm satified with. On the bright side, it takes amazingly less time to wash it, etc... Will post a picture soon.

The boys are doing well. Gabe is still refusing a bottle but is gung-ho on solids. So far he's had cereal, squash, avocado (least favorite so far), sweet potato, apple, carrots, peas, and green beans. Zach's current motto seems to be "play hard, crab harder," which is both really cute and funny and completely exhausting. Time to go get some lunch while they are both still napping!

No comments: