Zachary has got quite a personality! Some of the stuff he's doing now:
The answer to every question is "no," even if he means "yes." We are trying to teach him to say "yes," but it's hard not to laugh every time because his "noooooo..." is high-pitched and really cute. We'll have to try to get that one on video.
He loves getting dressed, especially putting on shoes. If we leave any dirty clothes downstairs he finds them as soon as we come down in the morning and wants to put them on immediately. I guess we've let him run around the house in just a shirt and diaper too much, because now he thinks that if he gets dressed it means we are going outside or in the car, which he is very excited to do.
He enjoys walking around in our shoes, and goes for them whenever we take them off. Maybe I'll post that video next...
He says "hi" and "bye" and waves all the time now. I know it's a highlight for Frank when Zach runs to the window and waves "hi" to him as he pulls into the driveway after work. Also cute is when he says "bye" to the TV when one of his favorite shows ends, or when I leave the room and he tells me "hi" when I come back :)
When I am making him food, he wants to be the one to get the fork or "poon" out of the drawer. He can feed himself some things, some of the time.
He is just starting to say ABCs and count with us. Another thing we need to record. Actual letters and numbers are hard to understand, but he's got the rhythm more than anything, including "en-ne-nen-oh-pee." Oh, and I'm not sure if he's still doing it, but for a few days there he was saying "double-u" almost perfectly. It was weird.
He likes to "play" the video game and on the computer with Frank, though most of the time he sneaks in the office when I'm not looking to climb into Frank's chair and mess with the mouse and keyboard. Luckily the computers are usually off.
I'm trying to ignore all the little tantrums he's been having the past couple of months, and I think it's been working out OK. Hopefully he's learning that naptime is non-negotiable, he must hold my hand if we are walking down the street, and that food will not heat up any faster in the microwave if he screams at it and throws himself on the floor.
Enjoy the video of our silly little monkey!

1 comment:
Aww, my little man is growing up sooo fast!
Love Auntie Em
Post a Comment