Sunday was also a very full day. After breakfast at the hotel, we stopped to enjoy the sunshine and get a few more photos in Hyde Park on our way to the tube stop. I'm counting this first pic as my 15-week belly shot.
Zachary with his beloved puffs.
Our first stop was St. Paul's Cathedral. Very pretty and huge! If I had planned a little better, we would have visited on Saturday and been able to tour the inside, but next time! There is a Starbucks nearby, so I had a nice bit of relaxation sitting on the steps drinking my coffee, while Frank followed Zach up and down the steps. See the video at the end of this post!
Gorgeous flowers near the cathedral.
Next we crossed the Thames via the Millenium Bridge. The sky was unexpectedly beautiful...I guess I assumed that London was always kinda gray.
You could see the cathedral from the bridge and even from the pub we ate lunch at on the other side of the river. We had fish and chips, of course.
After lunch we made our way to the Tower of London. As you can imagine, the towers themselves are not very stroller-friendly, but we had a good time walking around the courtyard. We saw the Crown Jewels and Coronation Regalia. Zach walked around and practiced going up and down steps some more.
You can see Tower Bridge in the background.
We didn't get any shopping in, but we had to go to Piccadilly Circus just to say we've been there. We walked past all the shops and ate dinner at McDonald's.
Giving Zach a bath in the tiny shower stall was a bit challenging.
We don't have too many photos from the last day; it was raining so we went to the train station early. The train back to Brussels was crowded, the food wasn't as good, and Zach was more of a handful. It takes about an hour to get from the train station to the metro to the tram to our short walk home...and we were very happy to not be hauling Zach and our stuff anymore. Zach in the stroller, one medium-sized suitcase, and the big backpack were about all we could handle on public transportation. To all our future visitors anticipating European travel: Pack light!
You can see from the photos that we had fun in London, despite being tired and dealing with a cranky toddler some of the time. I would do it again. But with a toddler and a baby, do we have any relatives willing to help out?

2 comments:
Hey y'all, I got yer postcard yesterday. Pretty cool. Hope to see you again soon.
Uncle Willie
Great pictures! Looks like Zack really had a good time on those stairs. I love hearing the bells in the background!
Hope you're feeling good, and hope to hear from you soon!
Post a Comment