Ok, I'm back to update this post. We've been having many adventures that will be recalled in future posts, I'm sure.
We became pretty comfortable with the Underground while we were there. It was a fast and easy way to travel, though apparently it was quite boring for Zach. We had intentions of going back to the hotel for him to nap each afternoon, but it never quite worked out, and this was a familiar sight:
We also got really good at carrying the stroller up and down short flights of steps--pretty common in most of the stations. And taking the stroller on escalators, some of which were probably the longest I've ever seen.
Saturday morning we headed to Harrod's Department store. I'm not sure of all the history behind this place, but it's been around for a really long time and is so huge that we got lost and couldn't find our way out.
While in the store we visited the toy section, where Zach took a liking to the remote control cars. Go figure.
By the time we found our way out, Zach was asleep. It was nice when that happened, but it never lasted for too long.
We couldn't resist a phone booth photo. I don't know if Zach approved.
Lunch was at Hard Rock Cafe. Good food, but pretty crowded as expected. Zach now appreciates the crayons that come with kids' menus.
Buckingham Palace. What can I say? It was big. They don't give tours this time of year, but I would like to go back and take one sometime. We had great weather and the London marathon was the next day, so there were lots of people around.
Right next to the palace is another large, beautiful park. Time to let the monkey RUN!
Saturday evening was our big planned event: going up in the London Eye and taking a river cruise.
The Eye was actually a lot more spacious than you would think...each capsule holds 25 people. We took turns chasing Zach and taking photos.
He is very interested in the cameras (always has been, because it's something with buttons), but now he likes to help take pictures and look at them after.
Spectacular views. Many, many photos taken of basically the same things just because it was so pretty.

1 comment:
Happy Mother's Day!! I'm enjoying the photos of London :) Keep 'em coming!!
Post a Comment