Monday, July 14, 2025

May

All the May things: 

Charlotte and I started the month with a Girl Scout trip to a resort in VA. The middle school girls and moms stayed together in a lodge and spent the day at an indoor water park. Unfortunately we forgot Charlotte's prescription goggles, and also they did not have much food that was gluten free. We made do with the food we brought with us, then left early and found a gluten free bakery. They had a donut and cookie that were good. The next day Charlotte continued on with the troop to explore caverns, and I headed home to help set up for the band end-of-year banquet.

The band banquet requires a lot of parents to plan it and set up for it. It is always a relief to get everything in place. I was happy to show the band performances video I made. 

There were multiple band concerts and a couple of Scout campouts. There was also a middle school end-of-year band celebration. 

We put the guest bed back up in Charlotte's room about mid month to accommodate Abby and Lisa staying with us. Abby and I headed to Ohio for the weekend, Frank and Zach went to Gettysburg, and Lisa was with Gabe and Charlotte. Gabe performed in yet another band concert.

The month ended with a cracked water pipe that soaked a fair bit of our carpet in the basement. Luckily Frank realized quickly what happened, and we were able to remove the water. We had to get the pipe replaced and pull up the carpet temporarily for it to finish drying, but it's fine now.








Her favorite part was the sleepover with friends.













Mother's day movie









Our last trip to JoAnn together!







Hilarious!



I love getting Charlotte's messages!




No comments: