Completed school year, check. Getting out in nature, check. Craft projects, check. Home projects, check. Bonding over computer games, check. (That one was never in question. We've been leaning heavily on screens over here.) The last few weeks have seen a little natural progress being made even though we are still mostly stuck at home. The kids each had end of year stuff pickups/locker clean out. The elementary had drive up time slots for each grade to see teachers, get any books and papers, and turn in any text or library books. The middle school had time slots for each grade to clean out lockers and turn in books. Zach came home with a plant they'd been growing in science class before school closed.
On a Saturday morning we took a trip to the Boy Scout camp that Frank took each of the boys to last summer. It was a brief outing but was fun for them to show Charlotte and me the Trading Post, the lake, and where they set up camp. We hiked around a bit and ate a picnic lunch. After we all got back home and showered it was video game time. Gabe and Frank have started playing Minecraft Dungeons together. They started with both of them in the living room, but the old laptop was kind of slow. Now Gabe plays on the living room desktop, Frank plays on his computer downstairs, and they get on Skype to talk to each other.
In other news, I finished the baby quilt that I started for Gabe shortly before he was born. If I remember correctly, I did the same for Gabe that I did for Charlotte, piecing the quilt top in a timely fashion then never getting around to the quilting. Charlotte's quilt top actually hung in her room for a long time. I decided to put them at the top of the list and use some of this extra at home time to finally work on them. Gabe's quilt didn't take very long at all, and Charlotte's should be done soon too. Zach may have seen his quilt in storage over the years, but I got it out to officially give to him. The kids were all funny about the quilts: the boys really didn't care that much, but Charlotte said she'd claim them if they didn't want them. I'll be sure to get a picture of me with all of them when I finish hers!
Last but not least, we took advantage of a few dry days to seal the driveway and clean the garage. Both were overdue. We'll see what projects I/we can cross off the list next week...
 |
| Playing at bedtime (the boys almost always sleep on the guest bed). Apparently the Calico Critters are the stars of their own reality show. Zach said I was not allowed to post a photo of him playing with the doll house. |
 |
| I hung up our growing collection of Disney artwork/memorabilia. |
 |
| The school posted photos of their end of year pick-up prep. |
 |
| Zach's plant, a mimosa pudica. When you touch it or bump the container its leaves fold up and the stems droop. |
 |
| at camp |
 |
| gamers unite |
 |
| Watching Top Chef with a glass of wine means we made it to Friday. |
No comments:
Post a Comment