We are still adjusting to the start of school (specifically, having a middle schooler), the start of a busy scouting year (now having a Boy Scout, a Cub Scout, and a Girl Scout!), and taking care of our fish. I'm still going to Zumba/etc, Frank is now going to the gym too, and Charlotte's dance classes start back up this week. There are just lots of things going on. We've had to adjust the kids' expectations a bit regarding having parties every year and going to every campout or school event. Despite being understandably tired lately, everyone is doing well.
In anticipation of having people over to celebrate Charlotte's birthday I finally got around to painting the half bathroom. I was tired of looking at the dingy walls and the large lip balm Z that Zach had drawn on the wall quite a few years ago. I knew it was not going to be that hard of a project, and I just needed to buy the paint and do it.
Charlotte has had a little anxiety about going to first grade, mainly worrying about there being too much work compared to kindergarten (and no rest time) and the fact that you start learning to read. But she's been doing fine and does her homework with very little complaint, unlike the boys. Her new thing since her birthday is Calico Critters, and she loves putting all her little animal babies in their beds in the house we gifted her. Her Amazon wishlist still contains many, many Calico Critter families and furniture that she wants for Christmas!
Zach went to his first middle school dance a couple weeks ago. It was sports jersey themed. They had soda and pizza and it sounds like that was where he spent most of his time. I dropped him and his friends off, and they were excited to start going to social activities as a group. He also enjoys that I pick them up from school on Thursdays, so he gets to walk from the middle school to the elementary school with his friends.
Frank took Zach on a weekend campout. The other two and I ended up running errands on a Saturday to get stuff for Charlotte's party, visit the pet store, and get groceries. Gabe fell for a cute kitten and it was very heartwarming. We did end up getting more fish a few days ago so now we're up to eight. We upgraded the filter which seems to keep the water looking better. They are all eating and seem happy; we hope it stays that way!
Then yesterday was Charlotte's party. Most of the excitement was centered around the cake, which Charlotte had seen a YouTube video for and was made almost entirely by Zach. They were both eager to play with fondant. She enjoyed her friends that came and played Barbies, play-doh, and just ran around the house. She is proudly telling everyone that she is six now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment