With near-60 degree weather and lots of activities planned last Saturday, Zach said it was the best Halloween ever. We carved pumpkins on Friday during a three-hour school delay, then we dropped them off in costume for their parade and class parties. On Halloween we had a hayride, trick-or-treating, then a bonfire with hot dogs, s'mores, and hot cocoa. They loved all the time they got to spend hanging out and running around with their friends. Gabe wore his creeper head box for about 5 seconds (because it's just fun!) but switched to the foam hat thing I made him for ease of walking and seeing. Charlotte ran around for a bit before the hayride, but when we got the stroller out she happily climbed into it and was content for about 3 hours, just playing with glow sticks. Even at the bonfire she just sat and watched everyone and waved her sticks around. It helps that we have girl friends who like to talk to her and entertain her. Being able to turn the clocks back that night was perfect because we were so exhausted from everything.
These weeks need to slow down because I'm definitely not ready for the holidays! October didn't cooperate but here's hoping for a slow November! I have a scarf I'd like to finish :)
 |
| This boy is in love with reading, big time. There's no use even talking to him because he won't hear you. |
 |
| Charlotte said goodnight and gave Daddy a kiss, then ran upstairs carrying (most of) her babies. She likes to be holding them all (5 or 6) when I tuck her in. |
 |
| I think I started this one last fall. Or was it the year before? |
1 comment:
Great photos guys! Love the pumpkins; you all did a great job! See you next month! Grandma Jill
Post a Comment