Monday, June 1, 2015

Week 22: Rushing toward summer

We spent a pretty quiet holiday weekend at home, playing with the kids and trying to get stuff done around the house. Besides the weekly catch-up on dishes and laundry, my focus right now is getting the basement straightened up so the boys can spend more time down there this summer.

On Memorial Day we introduced Charlotte to the backyard. The kids haven't spent much time outside lately because it seems like it's been either rainy or too hot (and we're trying to manage Zach's allergy symptoms). But she enjoyed running around, and even rolling, in the grass and chasing after the ball and bubbles.



We celebrated Gabe's last day of school with cupcakes. He's just so big now :) It's going to be exciting to watch him get on the bus with Zach this fall.



We have ups and downs with the boys weekend room-cleaning routine. Sometimes they are more motivated and sometimes not, though I feel like I can't get mad at Zach for wanting to sit and read much of the day. Lately it's been taking pretty much the whole weekend for them to finish. But it is good practice, and they are proud when it's clean. Gabe was happy about lining up his "guys" on his bed, and Zach and I are eager to finish sorting his legos by color.


Also, they talked me into letting them spend their allowance on a Star Wars crochet kit. I will be shocked if anything comes of our practice, but I promised I would teach them a little and see what happens.

Our wildflower seeds have resulted in pots full of greenery and just now a few little white flowers. Definitely suspenseful. The veggie plants are growing well, and we're worried maybe a little too well. I already pulled out a good portion of the tomato plants about a week ago when they were just starting to take off. The peas are clinging to the strings and seem to be in a race with the tomatoes. We are all very curious to see actual vegetables growing.


No comments: