I'm due two weeks from today. I feel more energetic than I did last week, so I'm viewing each day as an extra opportunity to do stuff with the boys (as well as organize the linen closet and scrub the grout in our shower, you know, stuff like that...). We are taking it one day at a time and participating in as much as we can with how I'm feeling, which should be interesting with some kindergarten orientation stuff coming up in, you guessed it, the next two weeks. Here are some random photos of what we've been up to.
Haircuts
Went to the pool again, for possibly the last time this summer.
Zach is getting good with Legos; this is a "transformer" he built and photographed.
And Zach's coloring and drawing never ceases. There's a video at the bottom of this post to help explain all these "blueprints."
This is the before picture of how bad their little art area got recently. It's been mostly cleaned up, but I have to keep taking away things because if it's within reach it just gets pulled out. They can make this kind of mess in about half an hour.
Zach was playing spy and secretly taking photos from the couch of us making dinner.
The almost-38-weeks photo. She's dropped and is sticking way out.
Zach with blue monkey.
Us at the park. The boys rode bikes around the path. And it's obvious that I'm wearing the same shirt until it gets dirty :)
A gift from Grandpa Larry and Mary, followed shortly by a shipment of craft sticks, pipe cleaners, sea shells, and googly eyes. The boys have been so excited. After a bunch of pipe cleaners got pulled out and bent into who-knows-what, I decided we'd do something a little easier like gluing cotton balls on paper to make sheep. They want to hang them in their sister's room.
We've started making time each evening to supervise the boys cleaning their room and it is SO MUCH more manageable. We have a chore chart (similar to our magnetic calendar) and right now they feed Chloe (mostly Zach), make their beds, clean their room, and get ready for bed to earn allowance each week. They also have to clean each night if they want to earn computer/DS time for the next day.
We are setting up the guest room and are so excited to have company coming over the next few months!

2 comments:
Oh my goodness, yes, she is sticking out there! Tell Zach I liked his igloo presentation, and tell Gabe I can't wait to see his sheep in person...just a little over 6 weeks and we will be there! Grandma Jill
Andy thinks you might be smuggling a watermelon under there instead of a baby. I can't wait to meet her!
Post a Comment