Tuesday, June 18, 2013

More of the same

Trying to keep the boys happy, trying to get stuff done around the house, trying to rest, that's about all we've been doing. We had our weekly movie day, took the occasional nap, and the boys are enjoying a new computer game. It's Lego Batman and they're hooked, so much so that they agree to clean their room or the living room completely before they get to play (Zach is better about this than Gabe). They are pretty funny when they're playing. Zach calls for Daddy every five seconds to help him get through the levels (it's for age 10, so...), and Gabe doesn't care and just likes pushing buttons. I refuse to learn anything about the game so I don't have to help them and they can only play when Frank is home :)



It's a good feeling to get all the boys clothes sorted by size. Zach proudly matched and lined up all the shoes for me. Now they are all bagged up, and soon the baby furniture will move into the guest room while we paint. I realize that the purple isn't really bad, it's just not what I would have chosen. I'm leaning towards one of the two colors on the top right.




It seems like it's been rainy a lot, and the boys haven't spent too much time outside. At least temps are lower for now. They were eager to draw on the newly sealed driveway though.



I took them out to Starbucks and to run some errands Sunday morning so Frank could have a couple hours of quiet time on Father's Day. It was the least I could do.

 
Probably the most exciting thing that happened last week was meeting some of our neighbors. We went to a party for one of Zach's pre-K classmates, and he saw his best friend there. Frank and I met his parents, and after chatting for a bit we all realized that they live two doors down from us! We knew the house had sold last fall but hadn't met the new owners. Also, Zach's friend has a little brother and an infant sister. He's been bugging me every day to go over there, so I'm going to try to set up something for the weekend. But crazy, huh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Zach and Gabe are so cute when they're getting their "Geek" on!
Gramma Barb