Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Down to the wire

There are photos and stories and info we want to share, but it seems like there is always something else to do besides e-mail or blog. None of you are surprised, I'm sure. This is just a quick update:

My birthday was good, and I had a fun time in Paris, even though I felt a little flu-ish (only lasted a few days). Abby and Loic are doing well. I saw some places I'd never been to, including an ice cream/tea shoppe, a little park in the middle of the Seine, and the Statue of Liberty.

Yesterday was the boys' last day at daycare, and their caregivers gave them Handy Manny and Mickey Mouse coloring books, which they were really excited about. It was very cute.

Frank and I have been a little stressed out by all the uncertainty surrounding us. He has some big decisions to make related to his job-hunting, which of course had to happen right now, at the end, when we have a thousand other things to do.

We're happy to be selling/finding homes for all the stuff we want to get rid of, including our old plaid couch and all the European voltage appliances. We're excited about eventually getting back all our stuff in storage, but also a little nervous that we won't have room for it all.

We haven't started explaining the move to Zach yet, but I guess we'll tell him that we are saying goodbye to the house in a couple weeks. At this point all he knows is that we're going to go on the airplane to visit the Grandmas again soon. He told me that he wants to make sure Monkey and his little robot go on the airplane too :)

When we have some news, you'll know. For now we are just trying to sort everything out (including all the stuff we've accumulated up to this point). Wish us luck!

3 comments:

Mom T said...

We've been following your news through Jen and have been thinking about you. Good luck with all of the decisions that have to be made. Looking forward to having you back in the states.

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, we've been without internet for two weeks and counting with no end in sight. (I'm using Willie's) Call us Saturday or Sunday anytime after 8AM our time - for the life of me I don't know where I wrote your Skype phone numbers down!
Love,
Mom/Barb

Anonymous said...

Beth, I actually translated the plaque incorrectly. It's the Parisian American community, not the American Parisian community that gave the statue to France. Oops.

-Abby