Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Ready, set...Please let me go into labor soon

Granted, I am only 36 weeks and 4 days along, but I've had enough. Everything is stiff or swollen or sore, and dealing with Zach-man is a whole other story. At my doctor's appointment a week ago I was two centimeters dilated, which really doesn't mean a lot, but it gives me hope that I won't go to 40 or 41 weeks. We'll see what my progress is next Monday.


We are quite ready for this baby in all sorts of ways other than my discomfort:

We've been completely packed for at least a couple weeks now. Even stuff for Zach in case he has to go to the sitter's house. Depending on the situation, a coworker of Frank's may come to our house or Zach may end up going to his. We did a trial run of him staying with this family for a long day and all went smoothly.


Over the last few weeks we have stocked the pantry, fridge and freezer to completely full. If baby doesn't come before this weekend we'll be hitting the commissary again. I don't know if frozen pizzas and taquitos are what others have in mind when they advise expecting moms to make meals ahead to freeze, but they're staples around here.


We've set up downstairs accommodations for napping and diaper changing. Baby will be sleeping in our room in our other pack-n-play, and our plans (for now, at least) are to move Zach out of the crib in a few months.


Clothes are washed and sorted by size.


I've even worked on the quilt a bit more. It's coming along, but at this point I don't know if I feel up to getting it back out.


I don't know if this exactly qualifies as baby preparations, but Frank's decided on a new car and we finally did a test drive. It's the Volvo XC60, and all that's left to do is for him to decide on options and place the order. It'll take a few months to come in, but I'm glad we are getting all the details settled before baby comes.

4 comments:

Samantha said...

I hope he comes soon for you!! I can't wait to see the new little one :)

JenM said...

So excited to see my new nephew! I hope he cooks just a little longer to make sure he's done, but I hear ya on the uncomfortable. Let's bear in mind I had two in there, but could sit on my butt all day :-)

Judy Treacy said...

Wow you sure look like you have everything under control. Good luck. I know that you will keep us informed.

Anonymous said...

VOLVO?! You sell-out :)

Uncle Willie