Friday, June 12, 2009

El Paso adventures

Wow, the last week and a half has gone by really fast. Maybe because I was taking it easy trying to get rid of this sore throat, or maybe it was the baby news. The moments that I haven't been knocked out by exhaustion have been spent sorting Zach's old clothes and determining if I have enough Pooh and Tigger fabric for another quilt. Stuff like that. But I do want to catch you up on our adventures in the great state of Texas (well, and New Mexico...).

We celebrated Mary's birthday at a favorite Italian restaurant. I think I could have handled another helping of the tiramisu, but Zach preferred the ice cream, both eating it and feeding it to Grandpa.


Willie flew down as well to spend the week with all of us. We had a nice little cook-out at the house, with major plans for swimming which didn't go quite as planned. After all the getting ready Zach just wasn't interested in getting in the pool at all, though he'd had us fooled every time he was outside and ran towards it eagerly. Poor little guy maybe was teething or just not feeling well; he was unhappy the rest of the evening.


Zachary and Will taking a little nap on our drive to Carlsbad, New Mexico. We visited with some aunts and cousins in Loving, and just generally hung out and caught up. Zach had fun taking pictures and playing the piano.


We spent a couple hours at the El Paso Zoo. Again, Zach was more interested in gaining freedom from the stroller than anything else, but we did see some cool stuff.


And of course we ate at our favorite Mexican restaurant.


It was a fun week and was great to catch up with family. We're glad that Zach got a chance to hang out with Uncle Willie some more. He took more than a little interest in his guitar (got some video that I'll try to get up at some point) and this was the scene at the airport while we waited for our flights:
Who knows, maybe there will be another musician in the family...

No comments: