Thursday, April 23, 2009

Documenting this pregnancy

With yet-to-be-born Zach, we took belly photos nearly every week, in front of a white door in our apartment. It was the only blank space we really had, and it seemed to work. Occasionally I was disappointed by shots out of focus, or a big shadow behind me and my growing belly, but I had many more things to be concerned with at that point.

Now, this second time around, I don't have quite as much to do, and I know more about photography. We started out pretty much the same, picking a blank spot in the house and shooting away. But the results just aren't doin' it for me. Such as this one at the six-week mark:

So we've been trying to take advantage of nature and light to take my belly pictures. And no, I'm not lifting my shirt up outdoors, but I am much happier with the results. Here are the photos from the last two weeks (13 and 14)-one at a park in Brussels and one in our backyard.

I'm happy to have the spring and summer weather and the backdrop of some travels to look forward to...we should have a pretty interesting collection of belly photos by the end!

1 comment:

Samantha said...

I think your outside belly shots are really great! They're much more natural and they'll be fun to scrap at the end :)

I hope you're feeling well and that everyone is going good!! It's Cinco de Mayo over here, so go eat a burrito today!