Thursday, March 26, 2009

Everyday life in pictures

I've had a couple of feeling-better days this week, so I finally got more photos off the camera and into the blog.

Last week we had a few days of sun and slightly warmer weather, and the flowers are starting to come up. Last summer this place was so beautiful with flowers, so I can't wait. Our gardener, who is our neighbor and the brother of our landlady, cut everything way back in January, but it's growing quite a bit. I'm anxious to see what that means for our rose bushes and hydrangeas.


Evenings have become pretty routine around here, but sometimes Zach gets a second wind and can be really funny. He especially likes for Frank to hang out and play with him. And while he never stays focused on any one toy or game for too long, this phone has been a great distraction at times. Thanks, Emily!


One thing that has changed our dinner routine a bit was the purchase of a little BBQ grill. In the past week we have grilled (and greatly enjoyed!) hamburgers, hot dogs, and steaks.



Something quite unexpected happened last weekend: Zach took a late-afternoon nap with me on the couch. To be able to relax on the couch, with a quiet toddler, for over an hour, and surf on the computer, AND watch American Idol on TV was definitely a highlight of my weekend.

And how could I leave out our playgroup adventures? Those outings are chaotic, to say the least, but he seems to enjoy going.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are some good lookin' burgers, Frank!

Mom

JenM said...

Great pictures! But where are our belly shots? ;-)