Monday, January 19, 2009

We Are Fam-i-ly!

We had such a good time in St. Louis over the holidays! Frank is lucky to have a job that literally closes down for two whole weeks, so it was a no-brainer for us to take Zach-man to visit family. I know some of you we've not talked to wonder about the plane ride, and that, frankly, is a whole other story. Let's just say that I wouldn't recommend flying that far with a one-year-old. Now, I'm sure if/when we are blessed with another child we will be forced to do it again... But as far as Zachary goes, it can only get easier from this point, right? {I can just hear moms out there laughing.}

So, of course, I have lots of photos from family gathering and just general "hangin' out", which I finished sorting through yesterday. I think these are the winners for the immediate family group photos:




I'm seriously thinking that I should make flip-books for the series of photos that were taken in an effort to get "a good one", which doesn't really exist. I know the latest photoshop elements that I have advertised the ability to take multiple photos and (I can only assume) combine the best heads for a great composite photo. But, really, do I have the time to figure it out right now? No. Seriously though, a flip-book of Frank's family photos would be hilarious. First of all, we couldn't get our camera remote to work (or something wasn't set right, we never did figure it out). And I had an excuse (wiggling baby), but for some reason everyone felt the obligation to move between each picture, so the outtakes are kinda crazy. And not just fidget, I mean move around the room!
And my family photo is conclusive proof that, if a flash is used, Frank will have his eyes closed in the photo. Well, it's the best we've got.

I'm aiming to soon get an e-mail out to family and friends with a bunch of pics (and a disk in the mail for Grandpa!). And post a video of Zach's first haircut...good stuff!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A family that rocks together, stays together :). \m/ O.O \m/

Uncle Willie

Anonymous said...

I uploaded about a hundred pics to shutterfly, including all of the Paulick family group pics. When viewing the slideshow it makes for an interesting effect - particulary Willie as his hand moves up and down the guitar.

Mom/Barb